Sunday, July 06, 2008

Bob-tails and Billionaires

Git' yer kitty pictures here. I mentioned way back when I started that my kitty Coco is bob-tailed, but never showed you how cute she is. Well, here ya go. First shot is when I woke her up with the camera flash, and she had a good stretch.



By the second shot, I could no longer hold her attention - the camera's flash isn't nearly as interesting as a full bowl of food. I know where I rank in her book - right after the kitty chow! And yes, it's a real tail - she was born bob-tailed, didn't lose it anywhere, and when she's annoyed, it goes around in little circles. Hilarious!

Today, I found a great meme on Fig and Plum, and I have to do it! If you use this for your blog, leave a comment here so I can read your answers!

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
In 1998, I was working at a large financial services company, as a registered representative. That's Wall Street lingo for stockbroker, but really, we mostly did financial plans and sold shares in mutual funds. I learned lots of neat stuff, and placing stock and options trades was a blast. Really fun! However, the work's very competitive, stressful, and only the top sales people make the big bucks. I wasn't one of those, so eventually, I moved on to something a little less stressful.

2. What 5 things are on my to-do list for today?
1. post to blog (yep)
2. start Ravelry group (yep)
3. make chicken salad (nope, didn't get done)
4. return Nancy's call (nope, waited til too late)
5. work on Wrap me Up shawl (not yet, but soon)

3. Snacks I enjoy:
Mostly salty and/or crispy things - crackers & cheese, chips and salsa, nachos, roasted almonds (or any nuts, really), green or black olives. But you can always tempt me with chocolate.

4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire (in no particular order):
Buy a private plane, and several vacation homes in fabulous locations. Have more cats. Funnel lots of funds into certain areas of medical research. Contribute a lot more to charities, invest wisely, and of course, buy yarn.

5. Places I have lived:
Pretty short list. In chronological order, New Orleans, Metairie (a suburb of New Orleans), and New Orleans again. Then came Katrina, and now I live near Houston, Texas.

So there it is - feel free to copy this meme for your blog, and don't forget to comment here if you do!

4 Comments:

Blogger Myownigloo said...

Hi! I already did this meme from another direction but I'm commenting just the same.

4:32 PM  
Blogger jess said...

nice! what ravelry group did you start?

8:51 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Hi, Jess - The Ravelry group name is "GreatYarnCompany.com", and it's a great place to learn what's new at my online yarn shop, Great Yarn Company (http://www.GreatYarnCompany.com).

Come join us on Ravelry!
Sue

1:44 PM  
Blogger happyathome said...

As for number 5, where you have lived. My relatives lived in Chalmette prior to Katrina and now live in Carriere, Mississippi. I love LA, and miss going to the camps and homes they were in.

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home