Saturday, April 12, 2008

Back from the Big D!

We had a great time last weekend at the DFW Fiber Fest in Addison, TX, just outside Dallas. Lots of knitters and crocheters and a super lineup of teachers and classes.

This was our first year as a vendor, and I've gotta say, we had a ball!! And boy, were we ever busy!

Everyone was totally charmed by my sweet Mom - she's my best helper! There's even talk of getting her to be a model in next year's fashion show! (And big kudos to DH for all the lifting and toting he did, helping get everything set up. It's a big job!)

We met so many wonderful new knitting friends - and we're already looking forward to going back to see them again next year. Many thanks to the Board for all their hard work!

And can you believe it? There was a car COVERED in YARN!! How amazing is that? I think my favorite part is the license plate - I want that plate!
On the home front, we had a great Easter visit from my brother and his family, and in a few weeks, DH's sister and her hubby will be coming, so we're seeing lots of our out-of-town family members - that's a good thing.

Our extended family is full of happy news lately - we had a wedding, two college graduations, an engagement, the birth of a darling new baby grandson (not on St. Patrick's day, like I predicted), and just yesterday, we received word of another pending college graduation. Time moves so fast, doesn't it?

Lots of good things happening here - hope the same is true for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home